COMPUTER SERVICE TECHNICIAN — LINCOLN NE
At XOTIC PC we create and build custom gaming computers for customers all over the world. We have become one of the nation’s largest system integrators and maintain relationships with all of the top computer software and component manufacturers. We offer some of the most unique computer components, aesthetic customization options (this is where you come in) and services on the market. Our team continues to grow to assure we give our customers the best experience possible.
This position is primarily responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and testing computer and laptop hardware and software problems as they arise by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service and responds to customer needs and inquiries for service repair via email, chat and phone.
- Examines and repairs computer hardware and peripheral components.
- Tests functionality and assesses problems by operating computer systems or related.
- Troubleshoots computer systems problems and thinks outside of the box to be solutions oriented.
- Takes apart and reassembles computer components and parts.
- Uses small handheld tools such as screwdrivers, voltmeters, etc.
- Sets up computer systems and hardware, and installs or reinstalls software programs for computer users.
- Works with colleagues (e.g., other computer repair and maintenance technicians) to resolve computer-related problems (troubleshooting).
- Reads and reviews technical support manuals or other materials.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Analytical skills to problem solve unclear issues.
- Effective communication skills to listen to customers in order to fully understand the issue and explain the problem in a clear and understandable way.
- Help in the production room when needed (building, QAing, Laser etching, etc.)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
$13.50–$15.00/hr Based on experience
- Job Type
- Required Education
- Required Experience
- Computer Repair: 1 year